Another Intro

JimF

Hi Folks,

I've been somewhat active on the NI boards, but I thought I'd join LAVA, too. I'm a Certified Architect in the Northeast US, tinkering around with obscure features on a regular basis. I've met a few of the regulars here in person, so maybe some of you will recognize me. (I know, the garbage can somewhat obscures my identity)

Jim

Hi Punk,

To answer your question, I've used LabVIEW for a lot of different things, but right now I'm working on a pretty complicated LabVIEW FPGA application that uses a lot of fixed-point math. I'm also writing a server application in LabVIEW RT to interact with the FPGA and communicate over TCP. In the recent past, though, I worked for a Select Integrator writing code for various applications and industries, mostly test stands.

As far as other interesting stuff, I recently had good luck dabbling with VI scripting to refactor some legacy code. (i.e. programatically extracting strings from dozens of case structure cases and converting them to enums) I was surprised with how well it worked out.

I guess that serves as an intro for now...

Jim