LabView interface at89c52 MCU

NIBC

Hi,

May i know how the LabView8.2 can be interface with uC via RS232?

I had tried this "Advanced Serial Write and Read.vi" LabView itself sample.

When i run this sample, it will comeout a message illustrate the error:

"Error-1073807202 occurred at Property Node in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->Advanced Serial Write and Read.vi...."

I reallize the error is come out from Configure Port vi error out!

I had tried loopback test. I'm using RS-232 cable. I short pins 2 and 3. In hyperterminal it work but the Advanced Serial Write and Read.vi couldn't.

Please anyone can help me?

Thank you.

QUOTE(NIBC @ Oct 16 2007, 07:47 PM)

Oddly, Error -1073807202 (0xBFFF009E) doesn't appear in the http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/lverror/visa_error_codes/' target="_blank">VISA Error Codes page of the LabVIEW 8.5 Help, but inputting the code into Help >> Explain Error... returns the following:

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0xBFFF009E) VISA or a code library required by VISA could not be located or loaded. This is usually due to a required driver not being installed on the system.

=========================

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF009E) A code library required by VISA could not be located or loaded.

I'm guessing that there's a problem with your VISA installation. It's probably nothing you're actually doing wrong in LabVIEW itself.

Hi,

Thank you very much, after reinstall Measurement & Automation driver, it solve the error -1073807202. This Advanced Serial Write and Read vi working fine.

I had another problem. I try to use the Advanced Serial Write and Read subvi in new blank vi (Try_Serial.vi). When i simulate using lookback test, try type something in the 'string to write' but it wouldn't display back on the 'read string' Try_Serial.vi. It just display on Advanced Serial Write and Read(M).vi. It couln't pass out the string.

I would like to know why the Try_Serial.vi can't display out the string while i type something in string to write box? How to solve this problem?

Thank for advice.

QUOTE(NIBC @ Oct 16 2007, 10:50 PM)

I had another problem. I try to use the Advanced Serial Write and Read subvi in new blank vi (Try_Serial.vi). When i simulate using lookback test, try type something in the 'string to write' but it wouldn't display back on the 'read string' Try_Serial.vi. It just display on Advanced Serial Write and Read(M).vi. It couln't pass out the string.

I would like to know why the Try_Serial.vi can't display out the string while i type something in string to write box? How to solve this problem?

My initial guess would be that you're just misunderstanding the Advanced Serial Write and Read.vi example slightly. Notice that the example (which you're using as a subVI) has a While loop inside it. When your code runs that VI as a subVI, the execution will get "stuck" in the subVI because that While loop will just keep running over and over. The read string won't get passed out until that While loop stops. (You can check this by running your code, then opening the subVI's front panel and clicking the Stop button in the lower left.)

If you're looking for example code to edit for use in an application, I would advise you to take a look at the Basic Serial Write and Read.vi, as well. It executes once and exits, which is more likely to suit your purposes for a subVI.