Useful VIs posted to DevZone for detecting controls of LVClass types

You mean these?

Download File:post-2-1192736521.zip

Qualified Name Array To Single String.vi takes a VI's qualified name, given as an array of strings, and converts it to a single colon-delimited string. This VI may be useful for working with VIs owned by any library type, and it is used as a subVI of the other two VIs in this .zip file.

Is This Control Of This LabVIEW Class.vi takes a control refnum and a LabVIEW class refnum and tells whether the control is an instance of the given LabVIEW class. It returns true for regular class controls/indicators and for XControls of the class.

Is This Control Of LabVIEW Object Class.vi is the same as the previous, except it does not take a class refnum for input. LabVIEW Object is the built-in class that is the ancestor of all other LabVIEW classes, and this VI specifically checks to see if the given control is an instance of this class.

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Oct 18 2007, 01:42 PM)

You mean these?

You know, if I wanted to maintain two copies of the VIs online, I probably would've said something like, "Please cross-post these VIs to a site other than ni.com, such as LAVA, so that if I make modifications I can have the joy of updating two forums instead of just one." For the record, I didn't say that.

Oh, by the way, there's a new version of the .zip file posted on ni.com (follow same link as my original post). I'll leave the cross-posting as an exercise for the reader.

• 1 month later...