Code collaboration forum for CR files.

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Oct 18 2007, 03:57 PM)

I have an idea. Should we move this thread and other potential CR candidates to a special "CR in-development" area to better facilitate this? I think there is enough momentum here to justify this. After a bunch of thrashing, we can produce some decent CR code. Thoughts?

I like that. It means you can get feedback on an idea before spending all the time polishing it up -- that you then change when you get new ideas from others.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

So I split out these topics into another thread so I don't hijack the original discussion.

QUOTE(tcplomp @ Oct 18 2007, 09:21 PM)

Nice, but I had the same ideas when I started working with Yen on the Code Capture Tool but you end up in mailing the same stuff around.

I couldn't keep it clean anymore so I moved it to Sourceforge.net That is where such stuff can sit nice and easily and you can do the development in a decent way.

So maybe Forum with Subversion/CVS support ;)

Ton

Basically, my thoughts are that you will probably have much larger bandwidth capability by placing the code on sourceforge. Also, getting SVN running on the LAVA server will probably take several weekends and is not something i am going to enjoy. I suggest just a forum called: "CR in-developement" which will have threads for various code projects. The first post of each thread can have a link to the SVN repository info on sourceforge.

The nice thing about LAVA is that we are reaching a nice critical mass. Discussions are alive and exciting here. We've created a pretty decent community and I think we can get a lot done. It took five years to reach this level of involvement and I don't want to break the flow by telling everyone that they now must go use the weak Sourceforge forum tools for discussions. You can have the code on the sourceforge SVN for development but keep the discussions here on LAVA. only the released versions should go in the Code Repository after development has reached a stage for release.