Equalizer

EJW

Ok, here's one for you long time Labview gurus. I was writing my own media player in labview, and i thought it would be cool to add an EQ. Unfortunately, i have no clue how to do this. I am assuming I would use

and band pass filter to get each band i want, then modify the amplitude somehow, and then, the part i really don't know, is how to combine it all back into one signal. Anyone want to take a stab at this?

I'd appreciate any input, thanks much folks!

QUOTE(EJW @ Oct 26 2007, 01:46 PM)

Ok, here's one for you long time Labview gurus. I was writing my own media player in labview, and i thought it would be cool to add an EQ. Unfortunately, i have no clue how to do this. I am assuming I would use

and band pass filter to get each band i want, then modify the amplitude somehow, and then, the part i really don't know, is how to combine it all back into one signal. Anyone want to take a stab at this?

I'd appreciate any input, thanks much folks!

We actually had an Equalizer demo we presented quite often that was part of the examples we shipped with the original DSP boards (waaayyy back around 1990ish - hey, you said "long time LabVIEW gurus"). Yes, it was a bank of bandpass filters. Those VIs are super old so I don't think I have them anymore. When I return from my business trip in a week, I'll make a note to look around in my old things and see if I can find something to help you.

QUOTE(xtaldaz @ Oct 26 2007, 02:29 PM)

We actually had an Equalizer demo we presented quite often that was part of the examples we shipped with the original DSP boards (waaayyy back around 1990ish - hey, you said "long time LabVIEW gurus"). Yes, it was a bank of bandpass filters. Those VIs are super old so I don't think I have them anymore. When I return from my business trip in a week, I'll make a note to look around in my old things and see if I can find something to help you.

Thanks. Anyone else got something clever?