Resize pane according to object size

Cambio

I am working on a VI that uses horizontal splitters to separate the front panel into three panes (the top is a toolbar, the middle is an array of picture indicators, and the bottom is a string indicator to display various tidbits of information). The user is able to select the size of the picture indicators (and therefore, the array).

The problem I have is that I need the middle pane to resize according to the size of the array, without changing the size of the toolbar or string indicator. I have tried many approaches, including adjusting the window bounds property of the front panel and the panel bounds property.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

QUOTE(Cambio @ Nov 6 2007, 03:52 AM)

I am working on a VI that uses horizontal splitters to separate the front panel into three panes (the top is a toolbar, the middle is an array of picture indicators, and the bottom is a string indicator to display various tidbits of information).

Can you please upload a couple of examples of what you've tried so we can have something to start with? They don't have to be full working apps, in fact it's better if you mock-up a couple of quick examples that are only appropriate to the functionality that you're after.

QUOTE(crelf @ Nov 5 2007, 07:20 PM)

Can you please upload a couple of examples of what you've tried so we can have something to start with? They don't have to be full working apps, in fact it's better if you mock-up a couple of quick examples that are only appropriate to the functionality that you're after.

Isn't it better to let the user resize the whole window?

You could make the upper splitter 'stick to top' and the lower 'stick to bottom' and have the array 'resize with pane'

I don't know any software where resizing one part of the GUI resizes the whole window.

If you want to go the 'resize array to resize window route' I think you need the panel bounds property.

One question how does the user resize the picture?

Ton