data transfer between CPRio and "Client" PCs

I'm creating system consisting of one CPRio and two PC's. The data obtained by the CPRio machine will be sent to each client PC, for data logging. Both PC's need to receive the data. My first idea is to use a shared variable, but I'm not sure how the memory management works with the multiple buffers on the CPRio. Another idea was to use the Simple TCP/IP (SMT) user library. Any suggestions/recommendations?

I have sucessfully used network buffered shared variables for transfering complex and high speed data from a cRIO or cVision system to a PC. One of the really nice

things is that you can setup arbitrary shared variable data types and you can specify client and/or server buffering. I believe shared variables

are the future in distributed system design. Also LV8.5 has a totally rewritten network protocol for shared variables that has greatly improved performance over previous versions of LabVIEW, which, by the way, had very respectable performance. Forgot to mention that you can specify the buffer size when creating the shared variables in your project and in operation they function very much like a queue. You can also poll the error out of a shared variable to determine if there is any data in the buffer to read or if there was an overflow condition.

Mike Sachs

Intelligent Systems

QUOTE(sachsm @ Dec 1 2007, 05:20 PM)

I have sucessfully used network buffered shared variables for transfering complex and high speed data from a cRIO or cVision system to a PC. One of the really nice

things is that you can setup arbitrary shared variable data types and you can specify client and/or server buffering. I believe shared variables

are the future in distributed system design. Also LV8.5 has a totally rewritten network protocol for shared variables that has greatly improved performance over previous versions of LabVIEW, which, by the way, had very respectable performance. Forgot to mention that you can specify the buffer size when creating the shared variables in your project and in operation they function very much like a queue. You can also poll the error out of a shared variable to determine if there is any data in the buffer to read or if there was an overflow condition.

Mike Sachs

Intelligent Systems

Michael,

thanks for reply. I assume that the SVE is running on the CPRio. Is that correct?

Helmer Andersen