datasocket on mac ?

Hello to you, leopards...

I posted a technical topic on ni.com (http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=291094) which explain a shared variable buffering problem.

In this post I didn't discuss the OS depending issue to not worry windows-only users (not rare in ni forums !...). I get the chance to do it here in our small place of peace.

What network protocols work on mac ?

- PSP (shared variable) : Yes. I read that it's ok for read/write with datasocket VIs but that you can't deploy the Shared Variable Engine (SVE) on a mac (no deploy of the shared variable library). When needed, I thought I could deploy the library on a distant PC (the programmatic deploy method allow that. I didn't tested yet). You can't use the sharedvariable node but datasocket VIs allow to do the same. You also have access to a "wait" ability when reading data (get data only when an update is available).

- DTSP : I think it doesn't, but I'm not sure. Perhaps the same limitations as PSP (read/write only ?)

- TCP : yes but it doesn't have any buffering ability (I kno I could emulate something but it's long and hard work)

Do you have information or experience using something for multiplatform network and buffered communication between executables ?

Thanks

Boris