QUOTE(Dr. Dmitrij Volkov @ Dec 28 2007, 09:07 AM)

I plan to develope embedded software for real-time system using LabVIEW (OS VxWorks).

Previous system was developed using C++.

For Windows platform I could use dll libraries with old code.

What is preferable way to reuse existing C++ code under VxWorks? As I understand dll libraries aren't supported with VxWorks

Thanks in advance.

Happy New 2008 Year :)

The equivalent of DLLs in VxWorks are .out files. They are basically shared libraries created with either the VxWorks development system or the free GCC compiler. I've only created one of them so far using the freely downloadable GCC version for VxWorks to create a shared library for NI's newer real time controllers.

But I'm not sure what you are trying to do here. LabVIEW for VxWorks is only available for the NI realtime target systems. For your own VxWorks based systems you would have to go the LabVIEW Embedded route. Not very cheap but maybe you are doing that already.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE(psi @ Dec 28 2007, 05:51 PM)

But LabVIEW realtime only supports NI hardware targets (some of them use Pharlap OS and other newer ones with PPC CPU use VxWorks) and somewhat specific x86 hardware with Pharlap (ETS). If the OP wants to use NI hardware targets or can live with a more or less standard PC hardware platform then LabVIEW realtime of course would be best.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE(psi @ Dec 29 2007, 05:47 PM)

Hmm, you will have to buy a runtime license per system, and that is about 500 Euro in single quantities.

Interesting yes, not expensive only if you are not planning to make an embedded device, although I'm sure you can negotiate volume license prices.

LabVIEW Real-Time supports not only NI hardware device. LabVIEW Real-Time can supports Third Party Device.

Yes for desktop PCs but not for arbitrary embedded development systems. For some reasons I was assuming that embedded was the route the OP wanted to go.

Rolf Kalbermatter