LabVIEW to Ethernet to profibus

eoin

You could use Modbus TCP for the Ethernet communication. NI has a Modbus library or you could use shared variables with Modbus I/O server. AFAIK, you do not need DSC or RT to use Modbus I/O server in shared variables.

Or, you could get LabVIEW talking on Profibus directly without any gateway.

QUOTE(eoin @ Jan 23 2008, 07:42 AM)

I need help getting labview to communicate some digital and analogue I/O over ethernet to a gateway which then communicates with profibus.

How to go about getting the Values in my labview VI to communivate over ethernet?????

QUOTE(eoin @ Jan 23 2008, 07:42 AM)

I need help getting labview to communicate some digital and analogue I/O over ethernet to a gateway which then communicates with profibus.

How to go about getting the Values in my labview VI to communivate over ethernet?????

Ethernet is pretty vague as it's a hardware protocol. What software protocol does your gateway use to communicate? It could be EthernetIP or ModbusTCP or something in swahili. Does the gateway have an OPC server?

Tim

QUOTE(Tim_S @ Jan 23 2008, 10:41 PM)

Ethernet is pretty vague as it's a hardware protocol. What software protocol does your gateway use to communicate? It could be EthernetIP or ModbusTCP or something in swahili. Does the gateway have an OPC server?

Tim

Sorry for not being specific enough, The gateway is a comsoft FNL which i think uses an OPC server.

QUOTE(eoin @ Jan 24 2008, 01:37 PM)

Sorry for not being specific enough, The gateway is a comsoft FNL which i think uses an OPC server.

OPC shouldn't be hard. If you open up the NI Example Finder and search for OPC you'll find several examples, plus there's shared variables.

Tim