please help (build scada system)

YaSmEeN

QUOTE(YaSmEeN @ Feb 6 2008, 04:41 AM)

hi all

I have to build scada system with labview 8. So i start with( dsc Getting started)but I have some problems in Creating a Periodic I/O Server when I Click the Build button (step 8) an error appear

what I should do to solve this error??

please help

It appears you are running Windows Vista and you say you have LV8. Although it may not be relavant to your error message, Vista compatibility officially began in LV8.2.1. You may need to upgrade LV or "downgrade" windows (some would consider going back to XP an upgrade).

QUOTE(YaSmEeN @ Feb 8 2008, 11:25 PM)

Thanks for replying.

Are u sure that Vista compatibility officially began in LV8.2.1 ???

Is there a method that could change Vista properity to run dsc LV 8??? i notice Labview 8 run on Vista normally .

I appreciate your relpy

Anybody please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that Pre LV8.2.1 was not officially supported under Windows Vista.

Many programs will appear to run normally, but certain features will cause error messages or crashes. You can try running LabVIEW in Windows XP compatibility mode (this can be set in the properties of your LabVIEW shortcut) but that will not necessarily make things better.