Using DSC to generate a modbus serial connection

Hi,

I'm currently working on a modbus server and slave construction. I tried the example provided by dsc: modbusdemo and modbussimulator this works by changing the shared variables for ethernetconnection.

But my question right now is that I also tried to connect it with a serial connection by using shared variables but this won't work. I couldn't find any shared variables to bind with the server because it only shows me the localhost and network published shared variables. I have already changed the modbussimulator and modbusdemo into serial connection and used the correct com ports. I connected a Null modem cable directly to each other using the same laptop. I have checked the connection using telnet and measurement and automation and this functions correctly.

So my question is how do I need to adjust the server and slave (shared variables) whereby the modbus using serial connection is working??

Hopefully anyone could provide me a good answer.

Greetings

Justin