Error calling a DLL

daro

Hi,

I´m trying to call the function GetUnitInfo from a Dll in Labview 8.2. The problem is that when I try to configure the Call Library function, I can not see this function, and Its suppose that this Dll only contains 2 functions (GetUnitInfo and SaveResults).

Instead of the 2 functions mentioned, I see the following:

DllCanUnloadNow

DllGetClassObject

DllRgistrServer

DllUnregisterServer

I don´t have access to the Dll code, so any ideas what could be wrong??

Thank you in advance.

QUOTE(daro @ Feb 25 2008, 02:13 PM)

Hi,

I´m trying to call the function GetUnitInfo from a Dll in Labview 8.2. The problem is that when I try to configure the Call Library function, I can not see this function, and Its suppose that this Dll only contains 2 functions (GetUnitInfo and SaveResults).

Instead of the 2 functions mentioned, I see the following:

DllCanUnloadNow

DllGetClassObject

DllRgistrServer

DllUnregisterServer

I don´t have access to the Dll code, so any ideas what could be wrong??

Thank you in advance.

It appears that you're trying to directly call a DLL that contains an Automation, OLE, or ActiveX component (no idea what the difference is between these, they may all be names for the same Microsoft technology). Take a look at the ActiveX palette. Drop "Automation Open" on your block diagram, create a constant for the Automation Refnum input, right click on the constant and choose Select ActiveX Class -> Browse, then in the dialog box that appears, browse to your DLL. See if you can then use the ActiveX invoke and property nodes to access your functions.

QUOTE(ned @ Feb 25 2008, 01:12 PM)

It appears that you're trying to directly call a DLL that contains an Automation, OLE, or ActiveX component (no idea what the difference is between these, they may all be names for the same Microsoft technology). Take a look at the ActiveX palette. Drop "Automation Open" on your block diagram, create a constant for the Automation Refnum input, right click on the constant and choose Select ActiveX Class -> Browse, then in the dialog box that appears, browse to your DLL. See if you can then use the ActiveX invoke and property nodes to access your functions.

Thank you very much, you´re right, I now can access the functions via ActiveX.

Thank you again.

QUOTE(ned @ Feb 25 2008, 03:12 PM)

It appears that you're trying to directly call a DLL that contains an Automation, OLE, or ActiveX component (no idea what the difference is between these, they may all be names for the same Microsoft technology).

Lol! It's not all exactly the same but they are fairly related. ActiveX is based on OLE as it's component object model, but adds extra things such as persistent object registration and activation interfaces, standardized object embedding and such. Before ActiveX it was not really possible to embed other applications easily in a generic way.

Rolf Kalbermatter