Interfacing SynaptiCAD tool with Labview

Frends I am new to LAVA forum.I am working on a project with labview where the project requirement is automation of a testing environment.

Basically its a testchip testing bed automation where some digital intruments are used like patern Generator and logic analyzer etc.

At first i need to operate SynaptiCAD tool to generate some bit patterns which will be fed to the logic analyser.Initial requirement is as follows.

• Open the SynaptiCAD generated .vcd file with “syncad” tool.

• Open DFT template file 2 (dft_2.btim) with “syncad” tool. Don’t alter dft_1.btim file as all the signals in the file are in proper sequence.

• Copy all the JTAG signals from the CAD generated .vcd file (already open with syncad tool) and paste it in the dft_2.btim open in syncad tool.

• The JTAG signals may appear in a random manner at the last. Select them in the same sequence as the JTAG signals already present in the dft_2.btim file and then drag them just below the JTAG signals already present in the dft_2.btim file. The pasted JTAG signals must now be displayed in the same sequence as the JTAG signals already present in the dft_2.btim file. The sequence is important as it affects the mapping of the LAPG pods.

All the above mentioned steps are to be automated through labview.I am finding problem at the inmitial starting phase where i need to control the third party software through labview.Can any one plz suggest something.Has any one worked earlier with this tool.Need some help from you guys.

Robie