Variables for spreadsheet and user interface

I'm working on my final project. I succeed in reading a txt file from a datalogger and represent a graph ordered by time and date (hard for newby's na dI wisht to thank all the info that I found here). Now I need to make a control to select some dates as a user in the front panel, and I read some posts about it, and I don't succeed because I don't know how to work with variables (as ring or listbox in the front panel, selecting data from a string). In the labview help I didn't found interesting examples and the information is a little bit difficult to understand (agree?). Does anybody knows where I can find a specific manual or help or some examples about to work with variables, poperty nodes, etc.? i post my .vi to know your opinion if I'm doing it right, and because my english is very poor.

Thanks in advance,

AgroADV

Thank's a lot Dan! You really help me (sometimes one image is more than 1.000 words). :yes:

Now I have mores questions but the most important is if you have any idea about if it's possible to define a range (2 rings of beggining and end of crop in the front panel) to extract a range of data by date doing it using variables, and then use them in a formula node to have results. this is why I asked for a user guide or manual about variables and propertys in labview. :book:

thanks in advance,

AgroADV

Here is an example of how to select the text from a ring control.

Does this help?

Dan

post-8614-1205003860.gif?width=400

It is definatly posible to do what you want in LabVIEW.

Here is a link about Property nodes in LabVIEW

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/37.../property_node/

To create a property node right click on your control in the block diagram and select Create\Property Node

After creating the property node you can right click on the property node and select the help for more information on what that specific property node does.

I don't know of a manual for property nodes in LabVIEW.

Dan