waveform transmission

QUOTE (farnoosh @ Apr 26 2008, 09:51 AM)

hi,

how to transmite a waveform which is generated by "hardware circuitry" to internet by using labview?

You should always explain a few things about your system: What version of LabVIEW are you using. Also, what data acquisition hardware. What operating system. It is also best show us what you have already tried to do yourself. You get better answers this way, and we like it when we can tell you are doing work yourself. I do not claim to know how much you have worked on this yourself, but it is common for people to ask us to do an entire project or assignment for them and this is not appropriate. There are many online resouces that you can investigate on your own.

The ingredients of your task (assuming I have interpreted you short desciption correctly) are as follows.

1) Find out the properties of the signal using a scope or similar.

2) Determine if this signal is appropriate for the data acquisition (DAQ) hardware, and if it is not, then construct the appropriate signal conditioning so the DAQ hardware can read the signal without damage and with an adequate signal to noise ratio.

3)Test the signal acquisition using the Measurement and Acquisition Explorer.

4)Acquire the signal into a numerical arrary of voltage readings.

5)Perform any post processing to this data that is needed: decimation, filtering and so on.

6)Save the data to a file appropriate for the internet receipient.

7)Email it to them, or send via ftp.

Mike

QUOTE (mross @ Apr 26 2008, 05:22 PM)

You should always explain a few things about your system: What version of LabVIEW are you using. Also, what data acquisition hardware. What operating system. It is also best show us what you have already tried to do yourself. You get better answers this way, and we like it when we can tell you are doing work yourself. I do not claim to know how much you have worked on this yourself, but it is common for people to ask us to do an entire project or assignment for them and this is not appropriate. There are many online resouces that you can investigate on your own.

The ingredients of your task (assuming I have interpreted you short desciption correctly) are as follows.

1) Find out the properties of the signal using a scope or similar.

2) Determine if this signal is appropriate for the data acquisition (DAQ) hardware, and if it is not, then construct the appropriate signal conditioning so the DAQ hardware can read the signal without damage and with an adequate signal to noise ratio.

3)Test the signal acquisition using the Measurement and Acquisition Explorer.

4)Acquire the signal into a numerical arrary of voltage readings.

5)Perform any post processing to this data that is needed: decimation, filtering and so on.

6)Save the data to a file appropriate for the internet receipient.

7)Email it to them, or send via ftp.

Mike

hi,mross

sorry about lack of information,

i am using labview 8.2,DAQ Assistant ,windows xp.

what i tried to do ,is using web publishing to send the waveform through internet ,and the waveform ,i want to transmitt is a nonperiodic signal(ECG,Electrocardigragh),

i implemented a circuit to take ECG signal from body ,then through DAQ card transfered to labview enviroment ,which suppose to let me to pass the measured ECG through the internet,but before doing this i wanted to be sure that i am in right track. :unsure:

by Email is not prefared ,since we want the signal in real time transmission,that helpe the doctor or nurse to be intouch with patient in remote distance,

also i didnt understand what you mean by ftp??

i am looking for your further help please,

thank you for your help,

QUOTE (farnoosh @ Apr 26 2008, 12:50 PM)

hi,mross

sorry about lack of information,

i am using labview 8.2,DAQ Assistant ,windows xp.

what i tried to do ,is using web publishing to send the waveform through internet ,and the waveform ,i want to transmitt is a nonperiodic signal(ECG,Electrocardigragh),

i implemented a circuit to take ECG signal from body ,then through DAQ card transfered to labview enviroment ,which suppose to let me to pass the measured ECG through the internet,but before doing this i wanted to be sure that i am in right track. :unsure:

by Email is not prefared ,since we want the signal in real time transmission,that helpe the doctor or nurse to be intouch with patient in remote distance,

also i didnt understand what you mean by ftp??

i am looking for your further help please,

thank you for your help,

ftp means file transfer protocol and is commonly used to exchange large data files without using email.

I am not a good teacher for what you want. I know it can be done but I have not done so myself.

You should investigate the use of "VI Server" I think. This allows you to create a window on another PC on the internet (byt the use of the IP address). This window can display the playback of the ECG.

QUOTE (farnoosh @ Apr 26 2008, 12:50 PM)

Have you tried using the Web Publishing tool? It's located under Tools->Web Publishing Tool... (at least on LabVIEW 8.0). This will publish a VI's front panel to a webpage. I've not used it, but it sounds like what you're looking for.

Tim