Problems with DAQ card

reem

Hi everyone...

a sinewave is generated -as shown in attached picture -that it's amplitude andfrequency is controlled using knobs. i did the same using DAQcard

and Tone measurementbut it mentioned that the numerics(knobs) i use must be as indicators and not control...

so,

how is it possible to control the amplitude, frequency of signal from DAQcard?? shouls i use any other function in between??

i'll be thankful for any suggestion and help :)

Reem..

LV_Printf - 2011.zip

QUOTE (reem @ Apr 28 2008, 07:58 AM)

reem,

alzhrani's question was what type of physical card, in other words the DAQ itself. You've shown us a picture of the programming interface you are using, in this case an express VI.

There's no reason why you can't use Controls. I think you're missing something on a higher level.

QUOTE (reem @ Apr 27 2008, 03:44 PM)

how is it possible to control the amplitude, frequency of signal from DAQcard?? should i use any other function in between??

Without knowing what hardware you're using, I would suggest creating a task and then writing chunks of the output as needed. You would change the amplitude and frequency as you write out chunks, though I would recommend completing at least a half-cycle (waveform is a 0) to avoid discontinuities.

Tim

QUOTE (BrokenArrow @ Apr 28 2008, 05:49 PM)

i'm using this one: (if this is what u mean :) )

post-11300-1209406483.jpg?width=400

probably there is something (maybe a function)to use so i can control the signal from hardware but i'm using labview for like

3 month only and i don't know what exactly to look for?!!

QUOTE (Tim_S @ Apr 28 2008, 06:35 PM)

Without knowing what hardware you're using, I would suggest creating a task and then writing chunks of the output as needed. You would change the amplitude and frequency as you write out chunks, though I would recommend completing at least a half-cycle (waveform is a 0) to avoid discontinuities.

Tim

creating a task and then writing chunks of the output as needed?? :unsure: how??

can you show me an example if possible???

Thank you all for ur help...

Reem

QUOTE (BrokenArrow @ Apr 28 2008, 11:31 PM)

Reem,

That's not a DAQ, it's a breakout board. I honestly think you're missing some high level knowledge. Is there anyone where you work that has programmed in LV that can help you? "Creating a Task" is plain LabVIEW talk. Read up on MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer), DAQmx, and find your DAQ!

yes,,,i know i have alot to learn ahead of me but since i don't have enough time i asked the

question just to get a quick answer but seems that there isn't such thing !! :)

where i study ,they have all used old version of labview and seems they don't have enough information to help me...

Thanks for the advice ...