Why LabVIEW can't find Excel VBA help file

I use the labview activex node to access the Excel's property and method.

1) installed the Labview and Microsoft Office 2003 completely in the default directory

2) right click on the "visible"(one property of excel application), and select "help for visible", then the LV pops a alert-"Help file not found: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\VBAXL10.CHM".

3) I seached and found the "VBAXL10.CHM" is located under "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033"

Any guys konw why?

and how to let LV knows that VBAXL10.CHM is located under "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033"?

BTW, if I uninstall Microsoft Office 2003 and installed the Microsoft Office XP completely, and repeat the procedure listed above, then the LV can load Excel help file correctly.

Thanks!

QUOTE (xinbadaz @ May 6 2008, 01:47 AM)

I use the labview activex node to access the Excel's property and method.

1) installed the Labview and Microsoft Office 2003 completely in the default directory

2) right click on the "visible"(one property of excel application), and select "help for visible", then the LV pops a alert-"Help file not found: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\VBAXL10.CHM".

3) I seached and found the "VBAXL10.CHM" is located under "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033"

Any guys konw why?

and how to let LV knows that VBAXL10.CHM is located under "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033"?

BTW, if I uninstall Microsoft Office 2003 and installed the Microsoft Office XP completely, and repeat the procedure listed above, then the LV can load Excel help file correctly.

Thanks!

This is a bug in the type library for above Active X component. That typelibrary contains a directory entry that points to the same directory as the type library itself but the help file name in there is only the file name itself and no subdirectory. It's not a LabVIEW fault at all since LabVIEW should not have to worry about the language ID of help files and accordingly not have to search in subdirectories of the expected location for that file but the typelibrary should point at the right locations directly.

As to how to let LabVIEW know how to find the help file there is not so much you can do since editing the typelibrary is not really an option. I would just copy said help file to where the typelibrary says it is and be done with it or upgrade to a newer office version if I would use Excel over Active X at all.

Rolf Kalbermatter