avi reading and image processing

Hello.

I am completely new to Labview, and I am having problems with the vision part of it.

I need to perform image processing on some avi files thatI have captured and retrieve a geometrical output from each image. I am trying to use the vision assistant express together with the vision acquisition express. I can di realtime image processing when acquiring an image from a camera, but when a simulate acquisition I get this error message:

Error -1074396080 occurred at IMAQ Extract Single Color Plane

Invalid image type.

Possible reason(s):

IMAQ Vision: (Hex 0xBFF60450) Invalid image type.

I would really like it if someone could help me with this, or if I could get an example of how to perform image processing without using the vision assistant and acquisition express on an avi file.

Tanks in advance!

Hi Normandinf.

Thanks for your answer and help!

My images where RGB 32, so that was not the problem.

However, I found out that I had to do finite acquisition with inline processing in the acquisition assistant express instead of continuous acquisition, so now I can do my image processing.

There is just one last thing I need to do now, and that is to write an acquired geometrical number to a file. I can write for a single image, but not for an entire avi.

I get this error message:

Error 10 occurred at Open/Create/Replace File in IPWD.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Duplicate path.

=========================

NI-488: New I/O attempted with old I/O in progress.

Do you now how to fix this problem perhaps?

Thanks in advance!!

ps. I will gladly accept help from anyone!

QUOTE (Choumann @ May 10 2008, 10:52 AM)

There is just one last thing I need to do now, and that is to write an acquired geometrical number to a file. I can write for a single image, but not for an entire avi.

I get this error message:

Error 10 occurred at Open/Create/Replace File in IPWD.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Duplicate path.

=========================

NI-488: New I/O attempted with old I/O in progress.

The error I get when running your code dissapears when you switch "Create" to "Open or create". Although there was a missing subVI and I can't be sure that was your real problem. If you want to append data to the same file over and over again, then that would explain the error you got with "Create" attribute.

You should take a look at some of the examples in LabVIEW's search engine under Fundamentals/File Input & Output. There are some nice examples on which you can rely for what you want to do.

QUOTE (normandinf @ May 12 2008, 01:49 PM)

The error I get when running your code dissapears when you switch "Create" to "Open or create". Although there was a missing subVI and I can't be sure that was your real problem. If you want to append data to the same file over and over again, then that would explain the error you got with "Create" attribute.

You should take a look at some of the examples in LabVIEW's search engine under Fundamentals/File Input & Output. There are some nice examples on which you can rely for what you want to do.

Thanks for your help, I got it working now!