Property Node usage doubt

Hello,

I have a few doubts in labview......

1. I have a reference out as the output of a Property Node. Is it possible to write this into a text file? I tried but it gives errors stating that output is reference(output of Property Node) and input is string(Input of a write to a Text File). If yes how? Also I have another important question regarding this. In a Property Node, after setting several properties, does the output of the property node, called the reference out, contain all the set properties in a particular fashion or is there any other explanation for that? Im kind of confused with that. In the sense does a Property node act as a node/Mux which takes in several properties as input and outputs a single value? I want to write the output of this Property Node (The properties that I set in the Property Node initially are a mix of double and Integer data values) to a text file which when opened should have all the values of the properties displayed as set initially....

2. I want to write several things into a text file. However the inputs are from different sources and hence is becoming a little complex. Can you tell me how I should append 3 sources of text to a single text file. To do this what is the minimum number of VI's(Write to Text File and Set File Position) required? I am making use of three VI's each.......

Regards,

prads

You need to convert types to be compatible with the datatype accepted by the write.vi (or any VI for that matter). If you choose "string" as your paradigm, then convert everything to string and concatenate in a format you want (tabulated, coma-separated values, custom, etc.) Then write to file. Browse through the palette for "string" manipulations. You will find many fonctions to help you do just that. LabVIEW tutorials and help file contain many examples to get you started with.

If you want more specific help, you should show us what you've done so far by uploading a VI with your best effort or posting a picture of your block diagram.