Inverse Filter

Hi there, I am measuring the output of a mechanical manipulator in response to band

limited gaussian white noise. This then allows me to calculate the transfer function using -

cross-power spectral density of the stimulus and the response divided by the auto-PSD of the

stimulus. I have been able to achieve this in matlab. Now, I want to nullify the effect of the

manipulator using a inverse filter with 1/transfer function of the manipulator. This will

ensure that the noise that I inject in the manipulator passes faithfully without imposing the

transfer function of the vibrator. I am using invfreqz for getting the filter coefficients in matlab. How can I design an arbitrary filter in labview with filter coefficients exported from matlab ? Best, BSG

Hi there, I am measuring the output of a mechanical manipulator in response to band

limited gaussian white noise. This then allows me to calculate the transfer function using -

cross-power spectral density of the stimulus and the response divided by the auto-PSD of the

stimulus. I have been able to achieve this in matlab. Now, I want to nullify the effect of the

manipulator using a inverse filter with 1/transfer function of the manipulator. This will

ensure that the noise that I inject in the manipulator passes faithfully without imposing the

transfer function of the vibrator. I am using invfreqz for getting the filter coefficients in matlab. How can I design an arbitrary filter in labview with filter coefficients exported from matlab ? Best, BSG

transfer function of the vibrator. I am using invfreqz for getting the filter coefficients in matlab.

How can I design an arbitrary filter in labview with filter coefficients exported from matlab ? Best, BSG

QUOTE (Biswa @ Jun 1 2008, 01:05 PM)

In the advanced Filtering menu(located in "signal processing->filters" there is an FIR filter VI allows you to design a filter with arbitrary forward coefficients or IIR filter VI that you can use that allows you to input Forward and Reverse coefficients to design a filter and if you enter only forward coeficients the VI operates as an FIR filter. Is this what you are looking for?

I just wanted to add that these VI's are not available in the base LabVIEW package.