In Place Element Structure (Mark As Modifier)

From the help (LV851):

You can right-click a node and select Mark As Modifier to indicate the LabVIEW modifies the data you wire to the node, even if the block diagram does not indicate a modification of data occurs. The Mark As Modifier option is useful when you work with dynamic dispatch terminals. While the parent implementation of a dynamic dispatch subVI might not modify the data wired to the node, a child implementation might modify the data. Using the Mark As Modifier option then optimizes performance by minimizing the number of copies of the data LabVIEW creates.

Can someone elaborate a bit more on this? I mean what if I'm not using dynamic dispatch. How does the Mark As Modifier help or hinder me with standard code? I don't really get the point of this option.

I'm fairly confident when I say this: If you're not using dynamic dispatching, turning on this option can only hurt your performance.

There may be some corner case use for it, but I'm not aware of one. All it does is force LV to treat something that wouldn't be a writer to be a writer.