Real time protocol or VOIP in LabVIEW

Real time protocol is essentially implmented over UDP with some custom overhead. Is there anyone who is currently working on this? I have to develop a audio software for my project using as much less bandwidth as possible and I have my own custom made based on UDP but it seems like I need to follow the rule before making one of my own. Any simplified flowchart to do this would be of great help . I found the protocol on RTP's website but it seems to be complex and it also requires to change the UDP overhead ?

In need of help

Aman

QUOTE (baman @ Jun 24 2008, 10:46 AM)

Real time protocol is essentially implmented over UDP with some custom overhead. Is there anyone who is currently working on this? I have to develop a audio software for my project using as much less bandwidth as possible and I have my own custom made based on UDP but it seems like I need to follow the rule before making one of my own. Any simplified flowchart to do this would be of great help . I found the protocol on RTP's website but it seems to be complex and it also requires to change the UDP overhead ?

In need of help

Aman

What overhead that you need to change are you talking about?

LabVIEW has UDP nodes and should be able to implement just about any UDP based protocol. However implementing an RTP protocol is no easy task at all, be it in LabVIEW or C(++) so if you have already some C(++) code to do that protocol, it would be definitly a lot easier to simply wrap that code into a functional DLL (or God beware, maybe an ActiveX component) and import this into LabVIEW through the Call Library Node (or the ActiveX interface).

Rolf Kalbermatter