750W motor RPM control using labview

han_5583

Hi guys, I'm a moderate labview user and I have done a few project before. My current project is about generating PWM signals to control the rpm of an electric motor. When I simulate the signal I can see the generated PWM clearly on the virtual graph, but when I connect it with the DAQ assistant (analog output), the PWM signals suddenly run very slow. I suspect I dont provide enough buffer to the output, but I dont know how to increase the buffer size. Currently the PWM signals does not go through the DAQ device. Anyway, I'm using USB-6008. Please advice.

What output speed do you need? The USB-6008 is a low cost USB-DAQ, it doesn't have buffered output and has a software timed output sample speed of only 150Hz.

Other high performance USB Daqs will give you a high speed buffered output. For example the USB-6211 outputs at 250kHz with a buffer size of 8,191 samples.

QUOTE (han_5583 @ Jun 30 2008, 07:48 AM)

=> you are using the analog output...

QUOTE (han_5583 @ Jun 29 2008, 11:09 AM)

USB-6008. Please advice.

=> Analog Output rate 150Hz...

=> your time target is 1 second so that's the reason why it runs with 1 Hz...

=> change the target time of the express function (add an input, to see what happens when you decrease the target time)

=> place a "wait" in your loop...

=> use the stop input from your express-daq vi

=> the express functions produce some "overhead"