Hello everyone

KatieT

Hi everyone, I'm an EE major working on my internship for the summer, and thus started learning labview from the very beginning. Well, I must say this is so much different than text programming, considering that's all we do at school...quite an interesting way to program though :)

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Catherine

QUOTE (KatieT @ Jul 1 2008, 06:24 AM)

Hi everyone, I'm an EE major working on my internship for the summer, and thus started learning labview from the very beginning. Well, I must say this is so much different than text programming, considering that's all we do at school...quite an interesting way to program though :)

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Catherine

Wait, your EE major school doesn't do LabVIEW?

If you contact NI, mention the school name NI might be throwing students editions at that school.

What's the internship about?

I know it's normal in the US to do internships in the summer, how do companies handle that? During summer the number of employees is lower than normal so the support to students is less? Could anyone eloborate?

I worked during the summer in nurseries cutting lilies to pay my school (which is really cheap in the Netherlands)

Ton

QUOTE (Ton @ Jun 30 2008, 11:42 PM)

Wait, your EE major school doesn't do LabVIEW?

If you contact NI, mention the school name NI might be throwing students editions at that school.

What's the internship about?

I know it's normal in the US to do internships in the summer, how do companies handle that? During summer the number of employees is lower than normal so the support to students is less? Could anyone eloborate?

I worked during the summer in nurseries cutting lilies to pay my school (which is really cheap in the Netherlands)

Ton

Hmm, we probably will use labview later on, but since I'm just gonna be junior this fall...and well, I guess companies spend some money on student internships so that these people will be more likely work for them after graduate, and that's when they start exploiting their workers to get the money back :P

My job mainly focuses on developing the HMI for machines that assemble compact lens modules used in cell phones.

Lilies! I bet there are all kinds of pretty flowers in the Netherlands :)

Catherine

QUOTE (KatieT @ Jul 1 2008, 01:20 AM)

Welcome KatieT! :)

We (V I Engineering, Inc) have a comprehensive co-op program (that's the type where the students get paid good money to work for us :D ) - we usually have ~6 CE/EE co-ops rotating in/out per semester. It's a great way for us to give back to the education system while giving the students real world experience, and training them to become an important part of our business. Our co-ops start working (with supervision and mentoring, of course ;) ) on live projects almost immediately, and can often end up technically leading smaller projects even before they graduate.

If you're looking for a co-op or internship, contact us here.