JDev Tools

JDave

Fellow wireworkers,

I really wanted to polish these up a bit more, but I also wanted to get them out a bit before NI Week. I won't be doing near as much LV development (hardly any :( ) for the next few years, so I figured I would put these out to the community and see if there is any worth in them.

First off, a disclaimer -- the images are from the Nuvola theme and if you use them in your work you should look at the licensing (BSD, I believe). I am also including modified versions of the Tunnel Wiring Wizard (TWW) and Michael's routine for coloring block diagram structures. Thanks to them for their original work. There may be more that I am forgetting...

Second, installation -- You should be able to copy the project and resource directories from the ZIP file directly over to a LV 8.2+ directory. The contents inside those folders will show up where they need to go. NOTE that this will replace the lv_icon file if you are already overriding the built-in icon editor. ALSO NOTE that if you don't have OpenG installed :blink: then you will need to open the code and link the OpenG files to the OpenG Support directory included as a separate ZIP. If you have OpenG installed :wub: then simply continue on with your awesomeness.

DESCRIPTION:

Included is an alternate Icon Editor and a Development Environment Toolbar. The purpose of the Icon should be fairly obvious, and the purpose of the Toolbar is to allow a nice way to group tools like the TWW for easy access as well as keyboard shortcuts. These are accessed from the menu bar Tools>>JDev Tools.

There is a help screen for the Icon Editor, but briefly its design is to parse the VI filename and auto-create a VI based on that. It allows for various themes to be created, and incorporates images easily into your VIs. There is an interface doing this en masse to a directory, as well as an individual interface if you modify a single VI's icon. I use tags to store the icon description, which allows for later modification. I could write a whole lot more, but go take a look...

The Toolbar has a couple other tools included that I wrote, to place captions on structures, and a couple dealing with the connector pane. The idea was to make it easy to write new tools and have them automatically show up in the toolbar. Right-clicking would bring up a 'parameters' view if applicable. Shift/Ctrl/Alt clicking would modify the behavior of the tool if applicable. Not a lot of documentation or help on this one, but it is fairly self-explanatory.

Download File:post-1519-1217518927.zip

Download File:post-1519-1217519496.zip

Let me know what you think. I know there isn't much time before NI Week, but I will be there and definitely at the BBQ.

David

(JDave)