Not Another LabVIEW Game...

Attached is a "match game" I put together. The pictures are based on Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

The Interesting Part: Because the pictures are reasonably complex, and most adults don't play Yu-Gi-Oh, it generally takes adults LONGER than Yu-Gh-Oh-exposed children 7..9 to finish the game, at least in my testing.

You'll need...

• Match Game.vi ( it's big because of all the pictures... 1.5MB?)
  • Bool Array Changed.vi
  • Search Boolean Array Until Done.vi

I'd appreciate it if anyone using XP can tell me if the arrays look ok, and if the button array lines up OK with the picture ring array underneath. This may be used in a psychology department, and I have no idea what they might have. Maybe even WIN2K.

Richard

********** EDIT: Later in this post is a LLB (in 8.2) rather than the three separate VI's.***************

QUOTE (BrokenArrow @ Aug 5 2008, 01:18 PM)

Attached is a "match game" I put together. The pictures are based on Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

The Interesting Part: Because the pictures are reasonably complex, and most adults don't play Yu-Gi-Oh, it generally takes adults LONGER than Yu-Gh-Oh-exposed children 7..9 to finish the game, at least in my testing.

You'll need...

• Match Game.vi ( it's big because of all the pictures... 1.5MB?)
  • Bool Array Changed.vi
  • Search Boolean Array Until Done.vi

I'd appreciate it if anyone using XP can tell me if the arrays look ok, and if the button array lines up OK with the picture ring array underneath. This may be used in a psychology department, and I have no idea what they might have. Maybe even WIN2K.

Richard

Richard,

Everything looked ok on my XP system. :thumbup:

Looks fine here too on XP. Since you don't have any fonts, there shouldn't really be an OS issue.

If you want to make the VI smaller (and have the possibility for having dynamic sets of images, etc.), you can replace the picture ring with a picture control and remember the values by index (if you don't want to change your current code much). You can either make the pictures fit the size of the square or use some code to change their size at run time. Here's one example.

QUOTE (Yair @ Aug 6 2008, 01:56 PM)

That's exceptional! Thanks for the ideas.

However, I don't think there's an easy way to A) Make the VI smaller while B) Having the pictures as an inherent part of the code, other than C) Using a more lossy format or saving the jpgs as lower quality, which could shave 50% off the size. I don't want to distribute 24 jpgs with the code!

QUOTE (BrokenArrow @ Aug 6 2008, 09:44 PM)

I don't want to distribute 24 jpgs with the code!

Why not? It's should simply be a matter of creating an installer or a zipped folder. The biggest advantage is that you can then use different sets of images or randomize them more.

P.S. Next time, you might wish to create a development distribution for VIs you post.