A question about SubVI

QUOTE (zorro @ Aug 4 2008, 10:34 AM)

Dear all,

I want to make a SubVI in a main LabVIEW program. My goal is that there is a "setting" button in the front panel of the main program. When I hit the button, the front panel of the SubVI jumps out. In the front panel of the SubVI, there are three Numeric controls and three Numeric indicators and an OK button. I can input numbers in the three controls. After inputing, I hit the "OK" button and these three numbers are transfered back to the main program so that these numbers can be operated in the following operation.

This is the plan. the problem is when I run the main program and hit the setting button, the front panel of the SubVI doesn't jump out but the main program does initiate the SubVI.

Dear friends, how to fix this problem? Is there a good LabVIEW book so that I can learn from it about SubVI? Is there any internet source about how to make a SubVI? Thanks a lot.

I've used this combination of Invoke node and Property node to do a similar thing.