IPv6 Client-side Tools

post-181-1218497769.png?width=400

LabVIEW does not currently support IPv6 protocol and probably won't in at least the next version (from what I've been told). I had a need to create a LabVIEW IPv6 compliant client for a current project so I created this set of functions (Open, Close, Read, Write) necessary for client-side connectivity. I did not need and have not written any server side functions (Create Listener, Wait on Listener, etc.). These functions mirror the native LabVIEW functions as closely as practical and can serve as drop in replacements (they also support IPv4). These functions use the .NET System.Net.Sockets namespace and .NET2.0 so they are windows-only. They have been tested on XP but not on Vista.

The zip file includes the LabVIEW function VIs, a demonstration VI created from the Data Client.vi from the \LabVIEW 8.x\examples\comm\TCP.llb, and the Visual Studio 2005 project used to create the .NET DLL used by the LabVIEW functions.

The Data Client Example uses IPv4 since it connects to the LabVIEW Data Server (which only supports IPv4)

Submitter: mesmith

File Version: 1.0.0

LabVIEW Version: 8.5.x

License: Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License

Admin Note: this LAVAcr submission has been moved from the submission queue to the Code Repository In-Development area due to inactivity timeout.