How do I create my own category on Corntrols Palette

Howdy,

This is package building related. I have no problem creating my own packages with VIPM 2.0 but I want them to show up in their own category on the functions and control palettes.

I have no problem doing this for the functions palette:

I have VIPM installing the palette files in a "dynamic_palette" folder under my hierarchy in user.lib/_xxx/dynamic_palette

Then I created an mnu file that syncs to that directory and placed it into menus/categories

Voila, I have my own category on the functions palette

Now I thought it would be just as easy to do that for the controls palette, but when I copy the mnu file into menus/controls nothing happens.

When I edit the palette from the IDE it generates root.mnu files in MyDocuments/LabView Data/8.5/palette/controls, which I don't want (since I ultimately want to package the mnu files and distribute them as external dependencies to my packages)

I compared the openg.mnu files in categories and controls and they are identical. Is there a voodoo step I am missing? :wacko:

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Heiko

QUOTE (hfettig @ Aug 12 2008, 10:18 PM)

Is there a voodoo step I am missing? :wacko:

Here's what I would do:

Create a user.lib\_toolkit folder

All toolkits install here

Create a user.lib\_toolkit\palettes\controls folder every control menu file will be placed here

Create a user.lib\_toolkit\palettes\functions folder every function menu file will be placed here

Create two mnu files under user.lib\palettes, controls and functions.

The controls sync to the palettes\controls folder, the functions to the palettes\functions folder.

Then you create an OpenG package that installs the two mnu files to the right location.

Please report back!

Ton