How do I create my own category on Controls Palette

QUOTE (Ton @ Aug 12 2008, 04:30 PM)

Here's what I would do:

Create a user.lib\_toolkit folder

All toolkits install here

Create a user.lib\_toolkit\palettes\controls folder every control menu file will be placed here

Create a user.lib\_toolkit\palettes\functions folder every function menu file will be placed here

Create two mnu files under user.lib\palettes, controls and functions.

The controls sync to the palettes\controls folder, the functions to the palettes\functions folder.

Hi Ton,

This is pretty much what I did, except that I have the mnu file for controls and functions in the same folder, i.e user.lib\_toolkit\palettes

However, I don't want my entries to be under User Controls and User Libraries but under a separate category like the OpenG category in the control and function palettes.

I managed to create the category under the functions palette by creating one mnu file that syncs with user.lib\_toolkit\palettes and putting that into menus\categories. This is automatically populated into the function palette categories.

Unfortunately the same is not true for the mnu file that I put into menus\controls. My mnu files are in the same folders as the openg.mnu files, however, on the functions one works.

I'll play with it some more and report back.

Cheers,

Heiko