Collsion detection

Dev

Hi there

I m using a dual axis accelerometer adxl203 to measure collision.I am able to detect them but i need some help as to how to count/store them whenever i see a spike(which indiactes there has been a collision).I tried using a peak detector but finding it hard to count them.Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards

Dev

QUOTE (Dev @ Aug 21 2008, 11:55 AM)

I m using a dual axis accelerometer adxl203 to measure collision.I am able to detect them but i need some help as to how to count/store them whenever i see a spike(which indiactes there has been a collision).I tried using a peak detector but finding it hard to count them.Any suggestion is appreciated.

Can you post a snapshot of what you're trying to analyze? It's difficult to provide suggestions otherwise.

I would expect that a simple threshold crossing would be able to detect the peaks you're looking for.

Tim

This seems like you may be asking for help with your homework or university lab work. We're happy to help, but you would need to post your code and what you've tried, and a better description of why it's not working. And if it's not homework, you need to do that anyway.

Good luck,