Need help in starting up SMS service using labview

QUOTE (chocobar @ Sep 10 2008, 12:03 PM)

I need help with the setting up of SMS service using the Labview. Im doing my final year project and it invovles in the use of SMS services. Im not too sure how should i start with can someone guide me on steps to take in building up the SMS services?

Hi Chokobar,

I am sending you some vi which is developed to send the SMS from GSM Modem..Find the Attachment.

QUOTE (chocobar @ Sep 17 2008, 12:21 PM)

errrmmm...is there an older version of this???i cant seem to open it up as my school's LabView programme uses 8.0 version and not 8.5

Ok friend I'll sent you a file that is working in labview version 8 so you w'll find your solution..

OK by the way in which school r you studying..??

Malhar :rolleyes:

SMS Service is a very general word. Do you mean either sending SMS with a GSM modem or interfacing to an operator SMS messaging center and sending/receiving large amounts of messages. I guess the former solution is already discussed. For the latter, install for example Kannel to a unix box and interface Kannel with LabVIEW using simple HTTP requests.

http://kannel.org

QUOTE (Tomi Maila @ Sep 17 2008, 11:17 AM)

yup...sending SMS using GSM modem...my project is to alert someone through the use of SMS when a child is having a fever...my team done the acquiring temperature part but we have yet to do the sending out of information through SMS...

thanks malhar for the file...i will try to solve it....

• 2 weeks later...