NI-DAQ/OS/device Compatibility Problems

ssteven121

Hi,

I'm very confused at what versions of software I'm supposed to have to be able to control a DAQ card. I recently got a new computer with Vista x64, and I have Labview 7.0. I also have DAQ card: NI USB-6009. The NI-DAQ mx driver that came with the DAQ card is v. 8.7.1, which, is not compatible with Labview 7.0. I tried downloading Traditional DAQmx 7.4.4, but this wasn't compatible with Vista. I then tried downloading the beta version that's supposed to be compatible with vista (v. 7.5), but it couldn't complete installation due to an unsupported component in labview.

I'm not sure what to do now. Is the NI USB-6009 only compatible with later versions of NI-DAQmx? My labview program came with NI-DAQmx 7.0, but that didn't seem to work with the device. Can this work on Vista? Thanks for any help.

SS

As far as I can remember, the USB DAQ cards should work fine with versions of DAQmx but are probably NOT supported under traditional DAQ.

Get an older version of DAQmx and you should be OK.

why don't you call NI Tech support and they should be able to guide you about which driver version should work with LV 7x and your card.

N.

QUOTE (Neville D @ Sep 18 2008, 02:55 PM)

As far as I can remember, the USB DAQ cards should work fine with versions of DAQmx but are probably NOT supported under traditional DAQ.

Get an older version of DAQmx and you should be OK.

why don't you call NI Tech support and they should be able to guide you about which driver version should work with LV 7x and your card.

N.

Thanks for the help. I found out that NI-DAQmx 7.0-8.1 will support Labview 7, but the minimum version of NI-DAQmx that supports Vista is 8.5. So I guess I can't do this at all.

SS