Plz help in development of LabView driver for Bar Code Scanner

jithesh

Hi , I'm new to Labview and knows few basic things on it.I need to develop a labview driver for a bar code reader(MS9520 Voyager® and MS9540 VoyagerCG®).

In their site they had provided windows drivers(http://www.metrologic.com/northamerica/products/pos/MS9520/), from this which one i need to install and how to develop a labview driver using that.

I only want is to get the bar code readings to VI from the scanner.

Thanks in advance... :)

QUOTE (jithesh @ Nov 3 2008, 09:16 AM)

Hi , I'm new to Labview and knows few basic things on it.I need to develop a labview driver for a bar code reader(MS9520 Voyager® and MS9540 VoyagerCG®).

In their site they had provided windows drivers(http://www.metrologic.com/northamerica/products/pos/MS9520/), from this which one i need to install and how to develop a labview driver using that.

I only want is to get the bar code readings to VI from the scanner.

Thanks in advance... :)

I haven't used this particular barcode reader, but it appears (according to the manual) that like most barcode readers this one can act as a keyboard or a serial device. No special driver is necessary. You can either use the keyboard emulation and read the barcode directly into a string control, or set it to serial mode and use LabVIEW's VISA commands to read from the serial port.

QUOTE (jithesh @ Nov 4 2008, 03:17 PM)

@ned

Thanks for your quick response...

one quick question....I'm connecting this bar code scanner to my USB port of PC.So wheteher this keyboard emulation can read the data from USB....?

i cant see any reason why not.

As long as you set the string control to has its focus b4 you scan, you would be able to receive result without doing anything else in LV.

you dont need to build anything if it is just get data from the scanner.