Dynamically loading controls on top of a listbox

NeilA

I am sure I have seen this in the old forum but obviously cant search for it now.

What I am after is.... when a user clicks on the relevent box with in the listbox control a seperate control is loaded on top with a predetermined set of values for example an enum control. I understand how you could trigger an event based on location of the click and the selected item could then be set in to the list box as a string. Beyond this I cant remember the way this was handled when I saw it previously. At the time I remember thinking "thats neat" but I didn't need ti then so I swiftly moved on.

However, the situation I have is that a VI loads a CAN switch set up to a list box. There are several different types of switches that we use regularly in our system and would be better if an enum set the correct switch to avoid spelling mistakes. I know this could have been done using an array of clusters but I personally think it would look better this way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks.

Neil.

I am sure I have seen this in the old forum but obviously cant search for it now.

What I am after is.... when a user clicks on the relevent box with in the listbox control a seperate control is loaded on top with a predetermined set of values for example an enum control.

I think it was the "Type Sensitive Popup" in the Code Repository. Not sure when it's gonna be back online, but you want to remember looking for it when it does.