Synchronizing Video

jed

I am working on an application where we need to synchronize a projector (it's an analog-signal DLP projector, the standard office-use kind). We have hacked the sync line from the color wheel, and we can easily sync our DAQ system to the projected frames.

The issue is displaying the images; we want to display them as fast as possible, which would hopefully be once per color-wheel cycle, or 120Hz. However, we are pretty unfamiliar with synchronous video output.

Ultimately the app will be built in LV8.6(+) on Windows. So Automation of WMP/QT/etc is acceptable. I am hoping to run the LV app in Display1 while the movie plays full screen on Display2, connected to the projector.

1) Can we do this by creating a movie of our images and playing it with an aforementioned player? Can we guarantee no skipped frames?

2) Is the analog projector a problem? Do we need to find something else? Cost is an issue at this point.

3) Can LV cycle the images? I have never tried to do something like this.