xy graph

harika

QUOTE (harika @ Nov 15 2008, 05:45 AM)

normally the graph showing the variation for only for particular value.i want the graph for phase difference for two signals for all values at a time by varying the frequency(0-40HZ) difference.

Hi Harika,

Could you be more specific in your question? For example, do you want to know how to have a second axis displayed or is your question about how to calculate the phase variance?

If you think a screenshot of your code or a VI would help us understand better your problem, please post it as well. ;)

Hi Harika,

Could you be more specific in your question? For example, do you want to know how to have a second axis displayed or is your question about how to calculate the phase variance?

If you think a screenshot of your code or a VI would help us understand better your problem, please post it as well. ;)

hi sir,thank you for ur response.i am very new to labview.i am generating two sinusoidal signals with same amplitude but different frequencies i.e.,i am keeping first signal freq as constant(40 hz) and varying second signal freq manually upto 40hz. i am intended to plot the continuous xy graph for freq difference on x-axis and phase difference on y-axis,whenever i will get phase difference of -90 deg the continuous graph should be stopped.

i need to know how to generate automatical variation of signal frequency.actually i am not getting xy graph continuously for every change of frequency.it is showing one value as a point at that instatent.i am also not getting stopped graph for phase diff of -90deg. :question:

sorry it's hard to understand what you want from the question. Might be it is easier to narrow the question down or break it down to something simple first then building up from there.

In your Vi posted, you need to look further into the extract tone function you are using, as the signal is a single tone sinusoidal so this function will return 1 value for frequency and 1 value for

phase. It means if you want to use XY graph you need to have 2 1D array of each of the freq data and the phase data, bundle them up and wire to your desire XY graph.

I wrote a simple Vi which shows you 2 charts, 1 is for freq diff, and 1 is for the phase diff between 2 described signals. Whenever you change the value of the freq control of the 2nd signal, a

2 new values calculated and graphed accordingly. If you want to graph this relationship (freq VS Phase), you will need to created 2 1D array of data as mentioned above. I leave that task for you

to learn and figure out yourself.

Hope this is the idea you are after.