Synchronizing the front panel and block diagram elements

saif

I already posted one question on managing subVI Icon. But I am having problem with that approach.

But I tries the following and facing the difficulties.

I have tried the following approach.

1.I created a subVI consisting of my functionality on the block diagram.

2.Then I create another VI on which I put picture(*.bmp) on the front panel. On the block diagram of this VI I put the subVI created in step1.

3.Using Edit Pallete Set, I put this VI from step 2 on the Control Palettes.

4. When I try to access this VI from Control Palette, then It works fine. i.e displaying both the picture (*.bmp) on the front panel and the subVI on the Block Diagram

5. But If I delete Icon from the Front Panel then the subVI remains on the Block Diagram or if I delete subVI form BlockDiagram thern the picture(*.bmp) remains visible on the Front Panel. I want to make both of them synchoronized. i.e. if I delete picture from front panel or subVI from block diagram, then the rest part should be deleted at the same time.

Is there a better solution to solve this problem. Bcz I am stuck up while implemeting this Two layer approach.

Thanks for your help.

So if understand correctly, you want to have a VI on the diagram and an object on the FP connected to each other, so that deleting one causes the other to be deleted as well. I'm pretty sure that there's no way you can LabVIEW to do that directly.

Why do you want to do this?

QUOTE (Yair @ Dec 1 2008, 05:59 PM)

So if understand correctly, you want to have a VI on the diagram and an object on the FP connected to each other, so that deleting one causes the other to be deleted as well. I'm pretty sure that there's no way you can LabVIEW to do that directly.

Why do you want to do this?

If there is any other approach. may be indirect.

Bcz just like control palette if we put something on FP then it shows the control or indicator on the BD. I want to implement this logic for my semester project.

I am working on cRIO. So I want to hide the details from the user so that user has only access to the pictures(*.bmp) on the FP.

If you want to prevent users from accessing the block diagram, you can lock it using the security page of the VI settings, but that's not the same as deleting a piece of code when the image is deleted.

Why do you actually want to delete the code? Can't you just place it in a case structure?

If you don't know LabVIEW well, you might wish to go through some of these tutorials.