How to measure heart rate

abi

Hi Friends,

I want to measure heart rate and heart rate variabilty- time difference between (R-R intervals) using a capactively coupled ECG. I am using Labview 8.6 with adaptive filters for this. As you can see from my vi,I want to measure heart rate say for a period of a minute and then display it, if some peaks are missing in between then it has to count the previous peak and then go on. I tried implementing this but am unable to do this. kindly help me in correcting my vi.

thanks for your time.

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE (abi @ Jan 27 2009, 06:28 AM)

Don't invent own QRS detector! Take a look at this paper. The Wisconsin QRS detector was implemented in old Labview.

QUOTE (abi @ Jan 21 2009, 05:08 AM)

I want to measure heart rate and heart rate variabilty- time difference between (R-R intervals) using a capactively coupled ECG.

After robust QRS detection is implemented, you then need to decide what you really want from HRV. Options are 1) time domain measures, 2) requency domain measures and 3) joint time-frequency domain measures.

Good luck!