How do I get to properties and methods of block diagram objects?

ACS

Greetings, all,

I am finally starting to look at scripting in LabVIEW. I have downloaded the scripting tools and the package that shows the new VI and New VI Object primitives. I have also added these entries to my INI file:

SuperPrivateScriptingFeatureVisible=True

SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff=True

I can access a lot of things that I couldn't before, but I still have trouble getting to most block diagram item properties and methods. I cannot, for example, create a block diagram constant for a "Function" reference. If I look at a property or method node in an example that is working with Function references (Multiply Two Numbers Script.vi), I cannot see any other properties or methods than the one displayed (right clicking and selecting "Select Property" shows no valid properties).

Clearly, I have not successfully enabled scripting on my system. What else do I need to do? I am working with 8.6, if that helps.

Thanks!

QUOTE (crelf @ Jan 29 2009, 05:30 PM)

Your profile says that you're using LabVIEW 8.6 - I'm not sure that those keys work beyond 7.1. Scripting is now controlled by a license (I *think* that came in around 8.0?)

Oh, OK. Is there a "scripting toolkit" now, or something similar? Does it ship with any of the developer suite DVDs?