TEDS and vTEDS

Maca

What are your experiences with TEDS and vTEDS?

Mine so far haven't been so great, in fact lately Ive been having nightmares about it.

All the problems I seem to be having relate to vTEDS specifically NI's TEDS library and how it talks to DAQmx.

There seems to be very little "real" documentation on the subject, lots of marketing pages and a couple of really simple examples but other than that not a thing.

My work around has been; instead of using the TEDS DAQmx Create Virtual Channel, I have been reading the properties out of the vTEDS files and using the standard DAQmx Create Virtual Channel.

This approach while clunky seems to solve most of my problems BUT not all of them, especially when the NI TEDS library is incomplete and has some major bugs.

Some examples are as follows:

Only a few of the template controls have been included.

Vaild data ranges are rejected by some of the library VI's.

and NO DOCUMENTATION

I am seriously regretting giving in to the marketing hype and adopting TEDS over our old in house calibration standard, but unfortunitaly have gotten far enough into the project that I really don't to turn back now.

What are your thoughts and experiences?