simple NI-DAQmx simulated device

GSR

I read this article "NI-DAQmx Simulated Devices" ( ). And I am trying the example code " Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk VI ", follow exactly what the webpage say.

However, I don't understand

1. Don't understand how to use stimulated device; and the point of having Logger.
  2. Why I can keep reading data by using the example code in all the following setting?????

• I stop the NI-DAQmx simulated device (without closing the program, still have DAQmx task) after generate a sine wave (one hundred points). There is 1 VI Logger task. I run the example code. The example code can continuously read data.

• I stop the NI-DAQmx simulated device (without closing the program, still have DAQmx task) after generate a sine wave (one hundred points). There is no VI Logger task. I run the example code. The example code can continuously read data.

• I stop the NI-DAQmx simulated device and (close the program, still have DAQmx task) after generate a sine wave (one hundred points). There is no VI Logger task. I run the example code. The example code can continuously read data.

• I stop the NI-DAQmx simulated device and (close the program, DO NOT have any DAQmx task) after generate a sine wave (one hundred points). There is no VI Logger task. I run the example code. The example code can continuously read data.

To make it clear

Here is what I mean of stopping the DAQmx stimulated device. I do from step A - E; and step E is what I mean stopping the DAQmx stimulated device. 3. Use the NI-DAQmx Task in VI Logger Lite to complete a data logging application.

a. Open VI Logger Lite. If you do not have VI Logger Lite, download it or request a free CD.

b. Right-click My System>>VI Logger Tasks and select Create New.

c. Select Using NI-DAQmx and click Finish.

d. Select the NI-DAQmx task for the NI-DAQmx simulated device. Leave all settings in the defaults, and click Run task in the toolbar.

80d5fe691080.gif

Figure 9. VI Logger Lite data logging task.

The data logging task begins. Data from the NI-DAQmx simulated device is displayed in the Real Time Data viewer.

e. Click Stop task.