UI dialogue with details option...

Hi All,

I'm trying to emulate a fairly standard error dialogue type behaviour, but failing miserably!

Basically, I want an error dialogue which says "such and such failed" and then has options for "Retry", "Abort" and "Details", retry and abort should exit the dialogue and pass a boolean indicating whether to retry. "Details" should expand the viewable area of the dialogue to show the error source text. Clicking again on details should return the dialogue to its original size (hiding the source text).

Attached is my current version (LV 8.6.1), which is close, but not quite right. Clicking on the "details" button will increase the size, but I can't get it to go back!

Any help, greatly appreciated!

Download File:post-14639-1236521393.vi

Thanks!

Paul

Ok, So I've done it now! Its amazing what you can achieve when you read the instructions (NI Howto page), although, to be fair it would help if the picture on that page actually showed you what it should look like!!

Attached is my working version just for you all to be amazed and astounded by... or not of course!

Download File:post-14639-1236531223.vi

Thanks!

Paul