Filtering Imported Data

jstark87

I have a feeling my problem is mostly to due to the fact that I don't understand transfer functions very well, that and I find graphical programming to be much tougher then line based, but my professor found LabView recently and requires everything to be done with it.

Here's my problem: I have to import a 2 column CVS (time, data). I have to then take the data and run it through a 1st order low pass filter (and a few other filters, but I can figure that out on my own time). I then have to plot the data and the filtered data on the same xy plot.

I was able to import the data and split the columns into 2 1D arrays. But now my problem is, how do I filter the data with the transfer function?

H(s) = X(s) / Y(s) = 1 / ( tau * s + 1)

Above is the transfer function I want to use. I just don't know which blocks to use to filter the data. I tried a Discrete Transfer function, but when I input an array that has a size of about 5000 cells, it changes the block to a MIMO and then I get errors. Any help would be appreciated.