What knowledge other than LV should you know if you are a LV programmer

GSR

QUOTE (zmarcoz @ Mar 17 2009, 10:48 AM)

I received an email about a software engineer position an hour ago...

Speaking as a non-software engineer, my feeling is that Software Engineering is a discipline, just like mechanical or electrical engineering. It shouldn't be confused with software development, any more than a carpenter should be confused with an architect, or an electrician confused with an EE.

As EEs, physicists, MEs, or whatever else most of the people on this board are, we all have lots of experience doing software development. We might even be really good at coding, algorithm development and implementation, etc., but that doesn't make us qualified to act as a Software Engineer.

QUOTE (Gary Rubin @ Mar 17 2009, 11:51 AM)
We might even be really good at coding, algorithm development and implementation, etc., but that doesn't make us qualified to act as a Software Engineer.
That's right. *LabVIEW* is what makes you qualified to act as a Software Engineer. Right? :laugh:

QUOTE (Cat @ Mar 17 2009, 06:18 PM)

I say (gooey) to indicate the user interface for the last 3 years :laugh:

QUOTE (Gary Rubin @ Mar 17 2009, 06:51 PM)

Speaking as a non-software engineer, my feeling is that Software Engineering is a discipline, just like mechanical or electrical engineering. It shouldn't be confused with software development, any more than a carpenter should be confused with an architect, or an electrician confused with an EE.

As EEs, physicists, MEs, or whatever else most of the people on this board are, we all have lots of experience doing software development. We might even be really good at coding, algorithm development and implementation, etc., but that doesn't make us qualified to act as a Software Engineer.

Right!

I don't understand what the company is because only an agent talk to me. He just told me there is a position and ask me to finish the exercise. Anyway, I start to find out whether Microsoft offers any C++ certification exam. (I am a lazy person, so I need an exam to force myself to learn) ;)