SOAP Web Service import error

I get the "The following errors/warnings occurred when generating the local proxy dll and VI wrappers for this web service." when ever I import the webservice that my colleague created.

It suggests that three of the methods failed to be created

InitialiseComplete

</B>ExecutionComplete

</B>SendResults

It suggests:-

1. The VI under the specified path is write-protected.

Remove the write-protected attribute and import the web service again.

2. A VI with the same name exists in memory.

Close the VI and import the web service again to overwirte it.

3. The web service method that you use to create the wrapper VI has more than 12 parameters.

I know it is not 2 or 3. I dont understand 1 if I delete the the folder before I try importing again how I can have a write protected VI.

I think the error is occuring in the building of the dll. I have tried copying one of the method VI's and building the incompleted method VI's myself. When I try to access the data types from the dll they have not been created. These methods use complex data types that contain 2 types of simple data of 2 strings. Can LabVIEW utilise complex data types from the WSDL? It appears to pick up returnstatus which is another complex type in other methods so I think yes.

I have added an excerpt of the WSDL to highlight the problem area I can attach the file as a text file if preferred. Can you see any problems? any suggestions?

<s:element name="InitialiseComplete">- <s:complexType>- <s:sequence> <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="initCompleteStatus" type="tns:InitialiseCompleteStatus" /> </s:sequence> </s:complexType> </s:element>- <s:complexType name="InitialiseCompleteStatus">- <s:sequence> <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="Status" type="s:string" /> <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="Message" type="s:string" /> </s:sequence>

QUOTE (TobyD @ Mar 18 2009, 09:25 PM)

Check out http://forums.lavag.org/Import-Web-Service-function-and-WS-on-Java-LV-85-t11369.html' target="_blank">this thread. It might have some useful info. We had problems with our WSDL as well and got it working with a different method that I outline in the linked thread.

-Toby

Thanks for your help, I had seen this before but dismissed it as I am using a webservice that is created in VS 2008 C# and therfore should be ok, but yet it still doesn't work. There seems to be little in the way of similarities between the methods that work and don't to offer me any clue to the problem as well. The person that wrote the webservice is not changing the parameter type to a reference type to see if it imports better.

As a secondary question, the problem is that the import function does not seem to be able to work out what to do with the parameters need and makes the dll with the implementation of InitialiseComplete with only a refnum input for the input parameter for the method rather than a cluster imput for the object. I was wonering if I could use an Invoke node to build the parameter and feed it in to the method? My only problem is where to get the reference for the invoke node.