Can 3D picture control be used to draw point and line as 2D picture

laiwei

Hello Laiwei,

Don't call this the end of the battle, but I couldn't find any modifiable properties for the 3D Picture Control for lines. It appears the only way to add primitives is through ->'Set Drawable', and this only includes items already found on the palette. If someone does find it though, let me know :)

I do know this; last summer I spent significant time trying to find specific options within the 3D Picture Control, to no avail. I might suggest trying to find a simple alternative (I used long cylinders and spheres). And given modern computing, you may never know the difference :). But this is also why default Office 2007 graphics look like anime cartoons...

Best of luck,

Justin

*Could your app use a 3D Graph Control? These explicity Support your desires ('3D Curve Graph;)

QUOTE (laiwei @ Mar 19 2009, 05:00 AM)

I'd like to draw points and lines using point coordination. I don't want use Create Mesh.vi, because line style can not be changed. Any suggestion? Thanks.

What type of styles do you want to achieve? You may simply change color and thickness and also gradients if you use "per vertex" color scheme. If you want dashed lines with some extra processing you might be able to cut your input data to dashes.

http://forums.lavag.org/post-a11463-3dlines.swf

• 1 month later...