Read from Excel

Hi,

I'm a new user in LabView and doing a project, i would like to know how can i read from two dimensional array in excel sheet (or table) into labview?

means i can specify the column and the row from t he labview then read the value from excel ( or sometimes more than one value a time)

Regards,

M.B

QUOTE (SaNoSuke @ Mar 24 2009, 09:43 AM)

Hi,

I'm a new user in LabView and doing a project, i would like to know how can i read from two dimensional array in excel sheet (or table) into labview?

means i can specify the column and the row from t he labview then read the value from excel ( or sometimes more than one value a time)

Regards,

M.B

The "Read From Spreadsheet File.vi" on the File I/O palette should get you there.

QUOTE (mesmith @ Mar 24 2009, 12:26 PM)

Also for more information about using labview with Excel you can have a look at the example called Write table to Excel. you can find the example by using the example finder.

You can also have at look at the Excel thread. :thumbup:

Hi,

thanks a lot guys (Paul at Lowell, mesmith and jhoskins) for your reply's, am working on the solutions given by you, but i have a new issue now, how could i send two counter outputs (two pulses) in the same time if am using the DAQ card(i forgot the number of the card but it comes with one Digital I/O) ?

Cause am trying to control stepper motor through driving circuit that it needs two inputs : first for the number of steps , second for the direction, and if i kept the direction input floating the stepper will move forward and backward ...........