Best Way to Reinstall NI-DAQmx

ssteven121

Hi,

I believe I might be having a problem with the NI-DAQmx software, so I want to reinstall it. I tried to just install a backup copy of NI-DAQmx 8.1 (the same version I was using previously), but I received an error: "Error 1304. Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\niorb\nicdxa.ocm. Verify that you have access to that directory".

I changed the directory by unchecking read-only, but it still can't write to it.

Also, I've seen this program msiblast.exe, and I tried using it, but I'm not sure how to proceed. I see 13 programs that have NI-DAQ in the name (one of them is NI-DAQmx 8.1). Which ones do I choose to uninstall?

Thanks for any help,

Steven

Have you tried "repairing" the install?

Add/Remove Programs>National Instruments>NI-DAQmx>repair

You will need the install disks though.

If that fails, use msiblast to remove all entries that have "DAQ" in them. Then re-install NI-DAQmx.

By the way, have you logged on as admin on your PC? maybe you don't have access rights to install/uninstall.

N.

QUOTE (Neville D @ Apr 1 2009, 04:04 PM)

Have you tried "repairing" the install?

Add/Remove Programs>National Instruments>NI-DAQmx>repair

You will need the install disks though.

If that fails, use msiblast to remove all entries that have "DAQ" in them. Then re-install NI-DAQmx.

By the way, have you logged on as admin on your PC? maybe you don't have access rights to install/uninstall.

N.

I don't have any install disks for NI-DAQmx 8.1; I downloaded it off the NI website. Can I still repair?

Also, I am logged in as admin.

Thanks for the help,

Steven

QUOTE (ssteven121 @ Apr 1 2009, 07:18 PM)

I don't have any install disks for NI-DAQmx 8.1; I downloaded it off the NI website. Can I still repair?

Thanks for the help,

Steven

I imagine that ni phone support will help you sort this out. If you have access to them a phone call will be the quickest way to resolve the issue.

QUOTE (ssteven121 @ Apr 1 2009, 04:18 PM)

Thanks for the help,

Steven

Yes, when it asks for the disks, point it to your downloaded files. Be sure to reboot when required.

N.